DS3231 is a low-cost, extremely accurate I2C real—time clock (RTC), with an integrated temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal. The device incorporates a battery input, disconnect the main power supply and maintains accurate timekeeping. Integrated oscillator improve long-term accuracy of the device and reduces the number of components of the production line. RTC maintains seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information. The clock operates in either the 24 hours or band / AM / PM indication of the 12-hour format. Provides two configurable alarm clock and a calendar can be set to a square wave output. Address and data are transferred serially through an I2C bidirectional bus.
Save time and high precision addition, DS3231 also has some other features that extend the system host of additional features and a range of options. The device integrates a very precise digital temperature sensor, through the I2C * interface to access it (as the same time). This temperature sensor accuracy is 1 3 ° C.
- Operating voltage :3.3 – 5 .5 V
- Clock chip: high-precision clock chip DS3231
- Clock Accuracy :0—40 ‘C range, the accuracy 2ppm, the error was about 1 minute
- Calendar alarm clock
- Programmable square-wave output
- Real time clock generator seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year timing and provide valid until the year 2100 leap year compensation
- Chip temperature sensor comes with an accuracy of :l: 3 ‘C
- Memory chips: AT24C32 (storage capacity 32K)
- IIC bus interface, the maximum transmission speed of 400KHz (working voltage of SV)
- Size: 38mm (length) * 22mm (W) * 14mm (height)
- Weight: 8g
Wiring instructions (with Arduino uno r3 for example):
- SCL —~ A5
- SDA —~ A4
- VCC —~ 5V
- GND – GND
- see this tutorial for more..